Freelancing tools, freelancing holds the same meaning for a freelancer. It’s just that different people take it in different ways. It has got numerous career prospects for a person who wants to use their talent in a free environment. If you are new to freelance writing or are anything like I was when I started off my career, you are on the right track. If you fly like a free bird and want to work for yourself, this article is for you. With its help, you can decide what is best for you.
Here, we have mentioned the most modern tools that we use while starting freelancing and as well as necessary information about the freelancing world.
First, let us be clear of the Freelancing tools:
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Searching a Job
- Be organized
- Backup plan
- Organize Emails
- Have a habit of reading/keeping Blogs
Given below is the detail of modern freelancing tools-
1. How Project Management helps in Freelancing?
- Evernote: It can store notes, receipts, and other miscellaneous files linked with each project.
- Basecamp: It is one of the more modern project management tools that start at $99 a month for businesses. You can also pay just $1000 a month and save up to 20%.
- Asana: This group collaboration tool is free to use for up to 15 people. At any time, you can subscribe or unsubscribe to the notifications regarding changes to the task and several tools like Trello makes your work easy going while managing your project.
2. Time Management tool for easier Freelance work
- OfficeTime: It allows you to see how much money you are earning per hour and it is what every freelancer feels the need of.
- Sundial: It helps you to keep track of time spent on all your projects and then make reports based on any period.
- GetHarvest.com: It offers pricing plans from free to premium and provides time tracking and invoicing. It works better on iPhone, Basecamp, Beanstalk and has a WordPress plugin. It not only offers time tracking but invoicing too is provided by it.
3. Searching a Job with these tools
- GetAFreelancer.com: It helps you to select from basic site design to developing full sites.
- DesignQuote.net: It helps you to find clients design and graphic artwork. As a Freelancer, you can glance through and post bids on to win contracts.
- ScriptLance.com: It not only helps you to get listings for blog content creation, but a lot of programming assignments is there for you as well.
4. Money- Useful tool for freelancers
Wave Accounting: It is a Cloud-based invoicing, accounting, payments, payroll, and personal finance app for freelancers.
- Xero: It provides you the online accounting, invoicing, billing, and banking. Until you are ready and satisfied, you don’t need to pay anything. First, go for a free trial that they provide, and after that, they charge you $19 per month.
- FreshBooks: As a freelancer, invoices will become the misery of your existence. Go for a great and simple invoice system. It is free until you have more than three clients but believe that it is totally worth the amount $30 per month.
5. Proposals- This tool helps to attract clients
- SlideShare: It helps you to show the customers what you can do, by helping you to prepare your proposal in a more organized way.
- Bidsketch: It helps you to create a project plan in a simplified manner. With BidSketch, you can do your work with a template that also in less time.
- Balsamiq: It is a rapid wireframing tool that you can use to produce mockups and UI concepts. With it, you can work along with the developers, product managers, designers and customers in real time.
So, try this career path once as it permits you to build expertise and take on new and exciting work for numerous businesses.
6. How Promotion tool work for freelancers?
- Aweber: It helps you to launch an email campaign by helping you to sustain relationships with all your clients.
- Mail Chimp: By sending an email marketing newsletter, you can remain in touch with your customers. Keep them updated with a new post or product with this modest template platform. It offers a free plan for those who have just started using it.
7. Be organized- Track your information with this tool
- Google Calendar: It is a web-based tool that allows users to organize their schedule.
- Time to Note: With it, you can track communications with your customers, contractors, and leads. It helps you to keep your contacts shared at one place and supports to create to-do lists for numerous users.
- Ta-da List: It shows everyone what you have accomplished so far.
8. Backup plan- keep your files secure with this tool
- DropBox: It syncs with your computer so that you don’t have to worry about backing up your files manually or remember to sync your docs.
- iCloud: Using your Apple ID you can backup and sync all your devices.
9. Organize Emails- It helps you to keep your data organize and formatted
- Inbox: This new app for Gmail is more organized and acts as an email communication center that sorts your email into sections such as travel, finance, social updates, purchases, forums, and promos habitually.
- FollowUp.cc: If you have a habit of forgetting to follow up your clients after meeting them, get this app immediately.
- TheEmailGa.me: Keeping your inbox clean seems good, right? If you too want to keep it clean, get into it.
10. Have a habit of reading/keeping Blogs
- Lifehacker: This site features latest technology and profiles on state-of-the-art thinkers and daily life hacks. If you are looking for productivity advice, visit them.
- Contently: This blog has answers for all your queries. It has got all the answers to every question you have about freelancing.
EngineerBabu: We at EngineerBabu help blogging experts to do their business well. We have written different types of blogs for you that will prove to be a great resource. From various types of articles to ideas for blog posts, we have content that will spur your imagination and give you a perfect structure for blogging. For that freelancer, personal brand building, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org